BASKET  : CHECKOUT

Enzo Ferrari Ne Plus Ultra

April 17th, 2012

After six years of working hard to firmly establish our reputation, we’ve finally been rewarded with our first ever hypercar detail; a no holds barred Ne Plus Ultra on a 2003 Rosso Corsa Enzo Ferrari. With just over 7k km on the clock and mechanically excellent, the only thing letting the car down was the state of the bodywork, which showed all of the classic signs of many years of improper washing and maintenance. Ferrari paint is usually quite soft on pre-2005 cars, but early on in the detail it became apparent that the paint on the Enzo was rock hard and was going to need compounding with wool if a near perfect result was going to be achieved. Ultimately just over 144 hours were required to complete the detail, with more than 96 hours of this time being spent carefully machine polishing the bodywork to near perfect condition. To celebrate this detail we have made a short film for you to enjoy. It is obviously impossible to show everything that was done to the car in just six and a half minutes, but we do hope that it gives you a flavour of the effort we put into our work and the breathtaking thing of beauty that is an Enzo Ferrari.

Viewing notes: Due to the length and high definition quality of the film, we recommend that you pause playback immediately and then allow it to pre-load completely before watching it. If it still does not play perfectly smoothly, try watching it on a more powerful playback device, or else turn HD off and watch it in SD instead. The sound quality used is equally good as the 1080p footage, so if you are able to play the film through a cinema surround sound system or through good quality headphones you will enjoy it all the more!

Share this post:Tweet about this on Twitter57Share on Facebook642Share on Google+7Email this to someone
Tags: , , ,

48 Responses to “Enzo Ferrari Ne Plus Ultra”

1. James says:

Great video guys – looks awesome!

2. John says:

See the bar? You’ve just raised it.

3. Clint Bramwell says:

Great video and work as always guy.

4. Alan Warner says:

Superb photography complimenting a stunning detail on a beautiful and very rare car – detailing utopia!

Thanks PB!

5. Johnnyopolis says:

Superb Video guys. You have yet again raised the bar when it comes to detailing videos online!

6. Gary says:

Outstanding !!!!

7. Vlad says:

Great job guys!!!!! Want to see more videos of the Enzo :)

8. Simon says:

One word – Amazing.

The timelapse waxing shots are simply stunning..

9. John says:

Just got to watch it again and again. outstanding work all round.

10. Oh my. That is stunning work, both in the detailing and the video. Congratulations on your first hypercar, I look forward to seeing the next one.

11. Jonny says:

Amazing work, the detail and the video!

12. Chris says:

Outstanding !!!!

Amazing work, the detail and the video!

13. Rob says:

Truely Amazing work Guys a real credit to you

14. James says:

It’s now even harder, if not nearly dam impossible to compete with this kind of detailing standard.

15. Naz says:

Vous êtes le meilleur sans le moindre doute!

À french fan.

16. Ian says:

Unbelievable job!! the video is just EPIC – feels like I should be watching it at the cinema!!

Back in January when you reveiled that 2012 would be the year of the video for you guys you told us that you had spent a small fortune on video equipment & that is apparent the quality is outstanding but I am intereted in what kit you are using, are the pan shots done in software or have you purchased a track of some sort?
    Either way detailers & clients know when they are dealing with Polished Bliss they are dealing with the creme de la creme…..
    Nice job :)

17. Unbelievable job. How many hours did work on the car?

18. Matt says:

Looks absolutely stunning. Great detail and video.

19. Thank you all for the kind words above – we’re really happy that you enjoyed this film. To answer the questions raised above, the detail took 144 hours in total and all of the camera moves were performed live at the time of shooting using a Dynamic Perception Stage Zero Dolly. If you’re interested in finding out more about the shoot, we did post a ‘Behind the Scenes’ blog over on Detailing World. See here for details…

Enzo Video – Behind the Scenes Blog

20. ROSS says:

simply stunning work on a simply stunning car.

whats the name of the music in the video??

21. Steve Jones says:

Incredible Work! Astounding Video!!!
    You should upload this to You Tube in Hi Def and watch it go Viral.
    Best way to advertise
    Steve.!

22. rastix says:

Would love to watch, but vimeo player says:
    “Sorry The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature.”
    (from Austrian interwebs)

23. Impressive says:

Impressive i want to be as good as you !

24. If anyone is having difficulty viewing the film on this page using the above player, we have now also uploaded it to YouTube…

YouTube – Polished Bliss: Enzo Ferrari Ne Plus Ultra

25. rastix says:

thank you!

26. Epic car, epic video and epic detail! Congrats on your first hypercar detail :)

27. If you enjoyed the film and the behind the scenes blog linked above, you may also want to check out the monster 250+ picture in-depth write up that Clark has just posted over on Detailing World…

Enzo Ferrari – The Full Write Up (250+ Pics)

28. car care says:

unbelievable work…
    very nice, it is as good as movies! i thought i was watching a cinema…
    i guess it should be uploaded to youtube or any other website!
    two thumbs up…! =)

29. Dave S says:

WOW!

What amazing work and the level of detail looks outstanding.

Good filming and production.

30. Amici della Scuderia says:

I’ve seen this video several times, and still I can’t find the right words to describe my emotions. Everything is to the perfection the car, the scenery, the music and of course the effortless work that has put into this artwork.

Thanks for posting, I will have many other looks to this video.

An Amici della Scuderia

31. That video was one of the best promotional ideas I’ve ever seen , no need to push a sale here boys , i think you’ve just set yourselves up for life ,
    congratulations
    Ben

32. joshua says:

very nice!! ^_^

33. Rpc says:

This is art !!!

Congratulations

34. Oh my god that is gorgeous work, both in the detailing as well as additionally the movie. Congratulations in your own first hypercar, I look forward to watching the following one.

35. dookable says:

Awesome video guys. As above, raising the bar as per usual :)..

36. Ashley says:

Wow! awesome work buddy!

37. Ash K says:

2 Things…

1) I’m so glad I picked red paintwork for my car
    2) I now want to go valet it!

38. Ollie Wade says:

Quality detail, well done PB, quality website and good quality products too.

39. Greg says:

Superb video, Really impressed with your work. Giving me the urge to go wash the car.

40. Chris L says:

Got my new 27″ iMac a couple of days ago. Just watched this again for the first time since last year – WOW!

41. Jon Allum says:

I detailed a customer’s Carrera 4S recently and they were amazed with the finish. I told them the end result was 5 out of 10. There is only so much that can be done in a day. I told them that masking some of the paint defects would raise this to 7 and few stages of machine polishing to 9. When they asked what 10 looks like I just directed them to this video. The dedication is truly remarkable and the finish is something that I aspire to be able to achieve.

42. Thanks for the kind comments chaps. I can’t believe nearly a year has passed since we did this detail – I’m going to have to start planning our next showcase feature soon!

43. Pavel says:

What a laser tool did you use on 02:01 in this video?

44. It’s just a generic laser pointer, secured to a camera tripod with a zip-tie – it doesn’t need to be any fancier than this as the laser doesn’t do anything other than pinpoint a specific spot of paint (for before and after paint thickness readings).

45. Ryan W. says:

What is your process for cleaning the interior plexiglass engine window? Everytime I clean my clients I have streaks in direct sunlight. Thanks any great video.

46. Hi Ryan, we use Werkstat Prime Strong, applied using a Lake Country Light Cut Hand Pad and buffed off with an old PB Super Buffing Towel (to ensure zero linting). This takes care of water spots/stains effectively and leaves a streak-free finish. Best regards, Rich.

Comments are temporarily closed due to staff holidays; they will reopen at the end of October.